Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal was established on 30 June 1953 as the first self-financing medical college in the private sector. In 1958, when the first class of students graduated, KMC was granted recognition by the Medical Council of India followed by the recognitions of General Medical Council of Great Britain and the Malaysian Medical Council in the later years. The college started at Manipal with the Pre-clinical section. Before this, the students had to go to Mangalore for their clinical training. In 1969, when the clinical program started, KMC became a full-fledged independent college. Kasturba Medical College is the only private medical college in Manipal and is affiliated to Manipal University.
Manipal Institute of Technology is ranked 1st among Research Publication by private Universities in India by SCImago Research Group, Spain. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal has been ranked 2nd among all top private Medical colleges in India by The Week whereas India Today has ranked Manipal University – Kasturba Medical College at 5th. Manipal University houses one of the largest health sciences libraries in Asia. 100% scholarship is given to Ewes students. KMC has 27,000 students from across the world, at present. In addition, it has 1000+ specimens in its anatomy museum.
As leaders in healthcare, Kasturba Hospital is continually engaged in adapting the latest technologies and expansion. The hospital hosts 4 centers: Burns Centre, Infertility Centre, Neonatal ICU and the Centre for Nuclear Medicine. Among its various equipment, the hospital has two 1.5 tesla MRI’s, 16 Slice Big Bore CT and 64 Slice CT, 15 X-ray machines and 14 Ultrasounds, LINAC, Brachytherapy, Treatment Planner, 24 dialysis machines, 24 operation theatres and 2 Path labs. MBBS in Manipal University is offered at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal and Kasturba Medical College Mangalore. Its duration is four and a half years plus one year of compulsory rotating internship course. Apart from Medial Council of India, the General Medical Council of Great Britain and the Malaysian Medical Council also recognize MBBS from Manipal University.
Kasturba Medical College admissions are done as per the relevant regulations of the UGC, MCI, Manipal University, Government of Karnataka and other Statutory bodies Concerned. Admission in Kasturba Medical College is made through Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MUOET). Out of the total number of MBBS seat in Kasturba Medical College i.e. 250, Admission in 80% Seats (200seats) will be filled by Manipal University - Online Entrance Test and the rest 20% (50 seats) are reserved for admission under NRI quota. Please note that General Merit Admission for MBBS in Kasturba Medical College is not available through AIPMT Counselling. Kasturba Medical College Admission 2016 matrix can change as it is subjected to norms of Government of Karnataka & MCI Guidelines. Admission in Kasturba Medical College is subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
Kasturba Medical College fees Structure for complete course is Rs 41,43,000. MBBS Course fees in Manipal University stated here do not include Hostel and Food. Foreign / NRI Students securing Direct Admission in Kasturba Medical College, Manipal under NRI Quota had to pay 204000 $ towards tution fee.
Direct Admission in Kasturba Medical College, Manipal under NRI Quota is restricted to 20 % of total intake. Payment Seats in Kasturba Medical College, Manipal is not available. For guidance of management quota admission in Kasturba Medical College contact + 91- 9743277777
Disclaimer: The information provided here is best to our knowledge. We do not guarantee the aptness of information. We would recommend to verify the information from Institute’s website as there could be changes from time to time. The above information is for information of students community in large and does not mean that we provide management quota admission in Kasturba Medical College. There is no process for direct admission in Kasturba Medical College. Except Foreign / Nri Quota admission in Kasturba Medical College all other admissions in Kasturba Medical College takes place through Kasturba Medical College selection process only.