Placements in APS College
About APS College of Engineering Placements:
- The placement department is committed to empower students with various qualities and skills to achieve professional and personal excellence.
- Students are being trained by them for personality development, Soft skills and aptitude tests.
- Candidates from outside Karnataka are required to obtain Eligibility Certificate from VTU, Belgaum.
- An average of 75% students are placed in good companies every year
- A maximum placement of 95 % is achieved for eligible students.
- Minimum 25 reputed companies come to the campus every year
- The department has conducted around 20 seminars and workshops as well as soft skills training for lower semester students.
- 247 opportunities for 8th semester of all branches are provided and out of which 232 students are from APSCE only.
- Acharya Patashala College of Engineering has signed MOU with 20 companies to collaboratively work for Training & Placement Activities in the Campus. They are:
- Million Minds
- ATS Learning Solutions
- EXL – Edubridge
- APS has MOUs with Infosys for training students on technical and soft skills. It provides training materials and informs about career planning, higher study etc.
- The placement cell has taken initiative and made all the correspondence to sign MOU with Smart Training Institute, Black & White Solutions, Career Launcher, FACE, and Monster.com.
Major recruiters to visit the campus placement are:
||Triveni Turbines Ltd.
- Communication and English and grammar along with soft skills training
- Listening & Observation skills, Teamwork & Group Discussion
- Aptitude Training
- Technical Seminars & workshops:
- a) How to crack the interviews with a success.
- b) Seminar on the latest technology in VLSI sector and the opportunities in this domain.
- Internship Program
Due to the college serious commitments in training students through various placements programmes, APS College of Engineering Ranking is approved by the affiliated government authorities. The college has achieved 95% maximum placement for eligible students.
Skills required for engineering:
- Analytical thinking
- Presentation and communication skills
- Capacity for detail
- Data analysis
- Logical thinking
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Research skills
As an engineering graduate, they can be placed in any of the areas like:
- Supply chain
- Operation management
- Procurement and purchasing
- IT/ ITES
- Management consulting
- Technical writing