Christ University Admissions
Candidates need to download the online application form & submit online with a basic administrative fee. They can check the CMC website for CMC Vellore Entrance Exam dates.
This is a computer based test conducted across various cities in India. The test will have multiple choice questions in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Ability & a few questions on current issues with emphasis laid on speed & accuracy.
- All courses and admissions to the College are subject to regulations laid down by University / Government / Medical Council of India.
- The entrance exam follows a common registration process for all the courses.
- The registration form can be filled & submitted online followed by submission of fee receipt and required documents at the college.
MD/ MS Important Dates|
|Application starting date online
|Last date for submission online application with payment
||17th March 2021
|last date for submission of supporting documents
||23rd March 2021
|online submission of NEET UG 2021 score
||yet to be announced
*Dates are subject to change
- For MBBS,
applicants must secure 50% marks in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany or Zoology) with English.
- Candidates seeking admission must have at least 140/200 marks in above subjects.
- They should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should complete the said age on or before 31st December of the said year.
- MBBS admission is based on a valid score in NEET UG followed by counselling process adopted by State & Central committees.
- The college offers admission to B.Sc, BOT, BPT, BPO & Diploma courses in Allied Health Science (AHS) courses on the basis of score in Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by an interview.
- Admission to MS (Bioengineering) & M.Tech (Clinical Research) is granted on the basis of a valid score obtained in GATE while M.Sc, MPH & M.Phil admission is offered on the basis of merit and entrance test.
- For M.Sc nursing, candidates need to qualify B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. (Honors) in Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing, or equivalent with a minimum of 55%.
- They have to be registered with the State Registration Council for Nursing and Midwifery.
- They should have a minimum 1 year experience as on 1st September 2020 in a hospital or in a College or in School of Nursing or in Community Health Programme from the date of registration in the State Nursing Council after B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. (Honors) in Nursing (or) after / prior to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (regular stream).
- They will require a medical fitness certificate from an authorized Medical Officer.
- For admission in Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing, candidates need to pass 10+2 or equivalent
- Pass Diploma in general Nursing and midwifery
- They should have a permanent registration certificate with the State Registration Council for Nursing and Midwifery approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of Midwifery in any one of the following areas:
- a) O.T. Technique
- b) Ophthalmic Nursing
- c) Leprosy Nursing
- d) TB Nursing
- e) Psychiatric Nursing
- f) Neurological and Neuro Surgical Nursing
- g) Community Health Nursing
- h) Cancer Nursing
- i) Orthopedic Nursing
- For Post Basic Diploma in Nursing, candidates must qualify Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery or equivalent course
- They should have permanent registration certificate from the State Nursing Council for Nursing and Midwifery or alternate course (applicable to male candidates).
- Minimum1 year work experience as on 1st September 2020 in any clinical area in the hospital or in the community.
- Students have to qualify in NEET PG to secure a seat in MD & MS program.
- MD/MS candidates need to secure a minimum 50% marks.
- They need to qualify MBBS degree and complete compulsory internship before 30th April 2021.
- Those who have a PG diploma may apply.
- DM & M.Ch courses are offered on the basis of performance in CBT.
English and Cultural Studies)
Selection is based on the following categories:
- General Merit Category
- Service Category
- Minority Service Category
- Minority Network (MNW) Category
- Results of the entrance exam will be available on the college website and shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email / speed Post. Based on further special tests & interviews, registrations are begun and candidates can go forward with the CMC Vellore Admission.
- Selection will be through the Common Counseling process of the DGHS, Government of India.
- Qualify CBT
- Shortlisted candidates will have to pass special assessment test & interviews.
Documents required for students who have been selected:
- Transfer Certificate
- Allotment letter by the Tamil Nadu Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai
- 10+2 marksheet
- Marksheet of the qualifying examinations
- NEET UG 2020 Result sheet
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Community Certificate if applicable
- Four passport sized colour photographs
- Baptism Certificate and/ or Confirmation certificate for Christian Minority candidates
- Conduct and character certificate
- Eligibility Certificate from the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (for candidates who have passed any qualifying examination other than the Higher Secondary course examination, Government of Tamil Nadu).