Dr. S.R Chandrasekhar Institute Of Speech And Hearing Admission
Dr Chandrasekhar Institute Of Speech And Hearing is located in Bangalore. The institute is among the best clinical and academic Institutes in India for speech and hearing.
Eligibility criteria for various programmes at Dr.SRCISH:
Diploma in Special Education (Hearing Impaired) [D.S.E. (Hearing Impaired)]:
- Candidates who apply must have passed PUC/12th standard/Pre-Degree or equivalent securing a minimum of 50% marks in any stream from any recognized state or the central board.
- The applicant should also be above seventeen years of age during the time of admission.
- The programme has a duration of 2 years or 4 semesters and offers a total of 25 seats.
Bachelors in Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology (BSLPA):
- The applicant to the BSLPA course needs to have passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent / Pre-Degree examination/ two years of Pre-University given by the Pre University Board of Education of their respective state Governments.
- Furthermore the candidate should have taken up the following subjects: Chemistry, Physics & Biology / Computer Science / Mathematics/ Electronics / Psychology/ Statistics / Home Science.
- At the time of admission into the first semester of the BSLPA course the candidate must be of 17 years of age or above. There is no upper age limit for getting admitted to the programme.
- Candidates can also apply via Lateral entry into the 2nd year of BSLPA.
- The course has a duration of 6 semesters or 3 years with compulsory internship of 10 months or 2 semesters. The total intake to the programme is 40.
Masters in Audiology & Speech-Language Pathology (MASLP):
- The applicants to this postgraduate programme need to have passed Bachelors in Audiology, B. Sc [Speech and Hearing] or B. Sc. [HLS] or Speech Language Pathology [BSLPA] or any other graduate degree in a similar area of equivalence from any recognized Indian or international University.
- Candidates or Applicants who have cleared their undergraduate programmes post 2002-2003 need to have successfully finished an year of internship and training program.
- Applicants need not worry about age as there is no upper age limit for the programme.
- Admissions to MASLP will be made in line with the rules and regulations of Bangalore University.
- The course has a duration of two years or 4 semesters. The combined postgraduate programme has an intake of 20 while the individual post graduation courses have an intake capacity of 10 each.
Bachelor of Special Education (Hearing Impairment):
- Applicants need to have any degree that is Recognized by the UGC
Ph.D Speech & Hearing:
- Applicants to the Phd programme need to have a M.Sc (Master in Speech Language Pathology), MASLP( Master in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology) or M.Sc ( Audiology) from the Bangalore University or any other recognized University while securing a minimum of 55% marks with a pass in entrance test by the Bangalore University.
- The Phd programme has an intake of 4
In addition to the main list of programmes the institute also offers short term courses like the Mother's Training Program and the Sign Language Courses at affordable rates. Dr Sr Chandrasekhar Institute Of Speech And Hearing Fee Structure is also a very student friendly one. This is a big reason why the college has risen in popularity over the years.
Dr.SRCISH is a college that has been recognised by both the Government of India. All courses offered at the institute are affiliated to the Bangalore University. These programmes are also recognised by the Rehabilitative Council of India (RCI).