Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences Bangalore Courses Offered
Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences Bangalore is a well recognized name in the dental arena. An educational establishment that contributed significantly to the dental community since 1992. The college falls under the Sri Krishnadevaraya Educational Trust in Bangalore. The dream was to establish an institution that would emerge as a pivotal center for high quality research and integrative innovation in the field of education. Imparting quality dental health education to professionals of the future is among the top priorities at KCDS. Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences Admissions has become competitive over the years.
The institute is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and approved by the DCI or Dental Council of India. The institution has a 133 acre sprawling campus in Krishnadevaraya Nagar. This campus is located about 21 Km from the city of Bangalore. Admission to this dental college is by no means an easy task. Each and every year thousands of students all over the country prepare applications for the college but only a handful of candidates get admitted. Graduates and Postgraduates from the college are received well by the dental industry. Completing a program at KCDS is considered a big achievement by the dental community in India.
Krishnadevaraya College of Dental Sciences (KCDS) basically offers graduate and postgraduate programs. The Bachelor in Dental Surgery and Master in Dental Surgery courses offered are renowned across India.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS):
Bachelor of Dental Sciences is a 5 year program of which the first three years includes training in general medical subjects along with basic pre-clinical dentistry. This is followed by the annual university examinations. The final year includes training in clinical dentistry. All eligible students who successfully clear the university examinations will be required to complete a year of compulsory rotatory internship in each and every department.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS):
The MDS program offers nine important specializations:
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery: It is a surgical specialty that diagnoses and treats diseases, injuries deformities and cosmetic defects of the facial and oral regions.
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics: The main goal of the department is the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of defects of the teeth and brings tooth/teeth to proper form, aesthetics, function and occlusal stability.
- Oral Medicine & Radiology: Oral Medicine and Radiology Department deals with the oral health of all patients which includes medically compromised patients. It also includes the diagnosis and nonsurgical management of disorders affecting the oral and maxillofacial region.
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics: Orthodontics is that branch of dentistry that deals with interception, prevention and correction of dental irregularities known as malocclusion and abnormalities in the dento-facial region. It envisages the merging of technology with biology and mechanics to bring about harmonious and aesthetic dento-facial function and form.
- Periodontology: Pediatric Dentistry is the field of dental medicine that provides comprehensive and primary preventive and therapeutic oral health care for adolescents, infants and children as well as patients with special health care needs.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology & Microbiology: The College established the department of Microbiology in the year 1993. Students undergo a detailed study of Mycology, Virology & Parasitology, Bacteriology and Immunology.
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry: Pediatric Dentistry is the field of dental medicine that provides primary and comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral health care for infants. Children, adolescents as well as patients with special health care needs.
- Public Health Dentistry: The Department of Public Health Dentistry takes pride in being called the champion of programs bringing oral health care accessible to underserved population. Innovative programs are conducted frequently to educate, sensitize and promote oral health among the public.
- Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge: Prosthodontics is that branch of Dentistry that deals with the restoration & maintenance of oral function, appearance, comfort & health of the patient by the restoration of natural Teeth and or replacement of craniofacial tissue and missing teeth with artificial substitutes.
For detailed information about Krishnadevaraya College Of Dental Sciences call +91 9743 27 7777.