LLM Admission in Bangalore enables the students to analyze the sociolegal problems with a multidisciplinary approach through the course structure and teaching learning methodologies followed by the colleges. The teaching methodology has grown out of monotonous never ending lectures to interactive classroom discussions, case studies, moot court sessions, research projects and creative assignments. It is important for the students to be aware of the admission policies and procedures followed by most of the LLM colleges in Bangalore.
LLM Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility norms for LLM course may vary from one college to another. However, there are certain basic eligibility norms admission to LLM in Bangalore . The basic eligibility criteria are:
- The applicant must have completed his or her graduation degree in legislative law and must have acquired a legal degree either through 3 years traditional LLB course or with any of the integrated LLB courses.
- The candidates must have secured at least 50 – 55% of the total marks (The cut off percentage may vary across the colleges offering LLM Courses in Bangalore).
- A relaxation of 5 to 10 % of the cutoff percentage is allowed for the students seeking admission under reserved categories.
- There is no restriction of age to join LLM course in Bangalore. Law graduates can join this course with any of the available specializations whenever they feel that there is a need for updating and upgrading their legal academic knowledge for their professional growth.
LLM Entrance Exams
Candidates aspiring to pursue their LLM course in Bangalore are expected to appear for a compulsory entrance examination as prescribed by the governing council of the colleges. There are several national, state and university level entrance cum eligibility tests that open the gates of the candidates to acquire a seat in one of the most reputed colleges in Bangalore. The entrance tests mostly comprise objective type of multiple-choice questions. However, there is a small percentage of subjective questions also to check the literary and communication skills of the applicants. Some the prominent entrance exam scores considered by various LLM colleges in Bangalore are:
Admission for International Candidates:
- International candidates include foreign nationals, PIO card holders and dual citizens.
- These candidates are expected to submit a certificate of eligibility stating the completion of their 10 + 2 level education and under graduation in legislative law.
- These applicants are also checked for their English literacy and communication before granting the admission.
Who are NRI candidates?
- Non-resident Indian stated by Indian Income Tax Law
- Candidates whose parents have a resident permit or work permit in other nations
- Indian candidates financed by international institutions or agencies outside India
- Indian students who have pursued their basic qualifying degree outside India
- Indian students who have pursued their degree in India but with a foreign syllabus
- The applicants are screened based on their performance and rank scored in the entrance exams.
- Eligible candidates are assessed for their skills in literary, communication and logical reasoning.
- A final personal interview and group discussion round in conducted for students with good skill sets required for pursuing LLM.
- Admission will be granted for eligible candidates against the payment of prescribed fee.
Documents to be produced mandatorily at the time of admission:
- 10 + 2 qualification Marks statement
- Undergraduate Degree certificate (LLB Marks card)
- Transfer certificate from last qualified institution
- Migration certificate and caste cum income certificate only if applicable
- Valid photo id proof
- Photographs (Stamp and passport size)
- Work experience certificates and work-related documents if applicable