LLM Colleges Admission
For students seeking LLM Admission in Delhi, it is better to know the admission policies and procedures of the Colleges that offer LLM in Delhi. LLM is the popular name given to the Master degree program in Legislative Law. Candidates who have already studied their Bachelor’s program in Legislative law and are keen to make themselves more perfect in any one of the specializations in the field of Law should opt for LLM program. LLM course gives an excellence in academics to its students while graduating. The students also learn a lot about the national and international treaties, conventions and agreements.
LLM Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates seeking admission to the two years LLM program in Delhi should have completed their under-graduation degree program in legislative law (LLB) from any college / University / board recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- The candidates must have completed minimum 17 years of age.
- The candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in their Bachelor’s degree program. The candidates belonging to SC / ST and other reserved category are provided a relaxation of 5 – 10 % in their aggregate score.
- The admission for Foreign nationals has a slightly different rule.
- The candidates must have an academic record of LLB or equivalent degree recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) / Association of Indian Universities
- The candidates should have a minimum score of 55% or equivalent grade in their academic record of LLB.
- The candidates are assessed for their written and spoken English Communication. Admission is granted to the foreign nationals based on their performance in the personal interview in terms of their aptitude and capacity.
LLM Admission Process:
Candidates seeking to pursue their LLM course in Delhi from any of the top Law colleges as a full time regular student should be aware of the following admission procedures.
- The candidates who are eligible to apply for the course based on the basic eligibility norms stated above should take up any one of the following entrance exams and get a qualifying score.
- IPU CET
- Candidates who have cleared their entrance examination can fill an online application for the course program in the desired colleges.
- The colleges will be announcing merit list based on various screening parameters.
- Selected students are granted final admission confirmation after a round of group discussion and personal interview.
Various number of seats are reserved under different categories to facilitate equal and efficient learning opportunities to all. A few reservation categories for students seeking to pursue LLM are:
- Supernumerary Quota (for students with excellent merit in their bachelor’s degree and top ranks in the law entrance examination)
- PWD: Persons with deficiency
- Reservations for female candidates
- Wards of migrants from Kashmir
- Students from Jammu and Kashmir Residents
- Reservations for Scheduled caste, scheduled tribes and other backward classes of the society
- Reservations for achievers in sports and cultural activities
- Reservations for foreign nationals or nonresident Indians