Admission In MS Ramaiah Medical College
M.S. Ramaiah Medical College Admissions are done as per the relevant regulations of the UGC, MCI, Government of Karnataka and other statutory bodies Concerned. Admission is made through Common Entrance Test – CET and COMEDK. CET Entrance can be given only by students of Karnataka state and COMEDK can be given by any Indian Citizen. Please note that General Merit Admission for MBBS in M.S. Ramaiah Medical College is not available through Centralised AIPMT Counselling.
The Admissionmatrix can change as it is subjected to norms of Government of Karnataka & MCI Guidelines. Admission in M.S. to the College is subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criteria. Minimum MS Ramaiah Medical College NEET Cut Offpercentage for SC/ST/OBC is 40% and that of general is 50%.
- Candidate should qualify 10+2 with minimum 50% in in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (taken together) and should have passed English as one of the subjects.
- They should appear in NEET entrance exam
- Minimum MS Ramaiah Medical College NEET Cut Off percentage for SC/ST/OBC is 40% and that of general is 50%.
- They should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
MD/MS: For PG courses candidates who fulfil the following criteria are eligible for the courses
- Candidates who have qualified MBBS degree from any recognized University are eligible
- They have completed‘Compulsory Rotating Internship’ on or before 31st March of the admission year
- Candidates who have obtained the minimum MS Ramaiah Medical College Cut Off in the PG Entrance Test conducted by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
Fellowship: in 3 subjects as offered by the institute
- For fellowship in Perinatal medicine, candidates who have qualifiedpostgraduate medical degree in MD/DNB (Paediatrics) / DCH (with one year work experience) from any recognised university
- For Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine, candidates who have qualifiedpostgraduate medical degree in MD/MS/DNB (General Medicine/Respiratory Diseases/Anaesthesia/Emergency Medicine/General Surgery/Orthopaedics)from any recognised university, (Duration is one year)
- For the same course candidates who have qualifiedpostgraduate medical diploma in Anaesthesia/ TB & Chest Diseases/Orthopaedics (Duration is two year)
- For Post MBBS Critical Care Certificate Course, candidates who have qualified MBBS from any recognised university are eligible.
Admission Procedure in MS Ramaiah Medical College Courses
- For both UG and PG courses candidates will be selected on the rank obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) conducted on an all India basis by the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Admission for all seats which includes NRI/management quota are allotted by merit through online counselling conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
- For Fellowship, admission is given based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination and on the performance in interview.
- For Ph.D, application is accepted twice a year as notified by RGUHS.
- The Ph.D Registration Committee of the respective faculty will examine the applications and when all the eligibility requirements is met, they will be called for an interview
- Each candidate is required to make a presentation of his/her Ph.D protocol along with/without his/her Guide before the Ph.D Registration Committee.
- For provisional registration the committee shall then recommend the names of the selected candidates to the Vice-Chancellor within three months from the last date notified for the receipt of applications.