Sapthagiri College of Nursing Bangalore Admission
A huge number of applicants from all over Karnataka appear for the Sapthagiri College of Nursing Admissions each year for its various programsin the field of Nursing. The college has been catering to the requirements of healthcare sector by producing industry-ready medical professionals.The admissions of students are done with a mission to make them job secured by the end of their degree program. The admission process is quite smooth and being carried out under the guidelines of its affiliating university, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore.
Aspiring students can find undergraduate degree program including diploma across three disciplines. Below all the details for admission to nursing courses are mentioned -
- The candidates' age should be in between 17 years and 35 years.
- Those candidates who have qualified their Higher Secondary/ PUC/ 10+2 exams or any other equivalent with minimum of 40% marks (preferably Science stream PCB) from a recognized state or central board are eligible to apply.
- Also, the appearing candidates having qualified 12th standard from Arts (Economics, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Geography, History, Political Science, Home Science, Accountancy, Business studies, Philosophy, Psychology and Sociology) and English/ English Elective or Healthcare Science - Vocational stream only with a minimum aggregate of 40% marks from a recognized board under AISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent.
- Candidates who have qualified 10+2 vocational ANM with a minimum aggregate of 40% marks under CBSE board or other equivalent board from the school being approved by Indian Nursing Council and also registered as ANM with State Nursing Registration Council are eligible to apply.
- Medical fitness report of student is must.
- Also the candidates who have qualified 10+2 Arts or Science examination or Healthcare science - Vocational stream only with a minimum of 40% marks, conducted by National Institute of Open School are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates' age must be at least 17 years on 31st December of the admission year.
- The candidates who have qualified 12th Standard from Science stream (PCB) and English Elective/ English Core with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks from a recognized board under AISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent are eligible to apply.
- Medical fitness report of students is must.
- Also, those candidates who havequalified 10+2 exams in Science stream conducted by National Institute of Open School with a minimum of 45% marks are eligible to apply for this undergraduate courses.
- The admissions are conducted only once a year.
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing:
- Those candidates who have qualified Senior Secondary/ Higher Secondary/ Intermediate/ 10+2 or any other equivalent exams recognized by the university having passed their 10+1 in or before 1986 are eligible to apply under this program.
- Also candidates with a certificate in GNM (registered at R.N.R.M with State Nursing Registration Council) or a male nurse trained before implementation of new integrated course are supposed to produce evidence of training (approved by Indian Nursing Council) in the following areas -
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- O.T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
Candidates should qualify B.Sc. degree in a relevant discipline.
The admissions are carried out strictly on merit basis only. The finally selected candidates are intimated through a mail summoned with required testimonial and relevant documents. The selection procedure is maintained quite transparent at this college.