XAT Preparation 2020
XAT Preparation tips:
- First is to start early
- Get familiar with the syllabus- while most of the questions are based on the basic concepts, some of the questions can be tricky and may require a lot of logical thinking.
- Indentify and analyze the strong and weak areas. Work on the areas of improvement.
- Practicing mock tests is one of the most important tips that will provide useful insights into the exam. It makes easier for the students o understand their strengths and weaknesses.
- Revise the concepts. Try to brush up the mathematical and quantitative ability concepts as it is one of the toughest section to clear.
- Time management is an important matter for entrance exam. Students must have a clear idea on how much time to spend in each sections.
- Having a good fundamental knowledge. Most of the questions to come in the exams are basic fundamental concepts.
- Prepare a timetable.
XAT Cut Off:
- The cut off percentage are different for BM or Business Management, GM or General Management and HRM or Human Resource Management.
- Based on the cut-offs candidates are called for the GD, PI round. It also varies from institutes to institutes.
- For 2020, the results was announced on 16th January, 2020
- The shortlisted candidates can book their interview city and interview slot on https://acad.xlri.ac.in/results/
This exam has no age limits which is conducted online annually like CAT but with less time duration. The exam is divided into four sections:
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- Verbal & Logical Ability
- Decision Making & Analytical Reasoning
- General Knowledge
To ace the exam, candidates need to understand the exam pattern first. The exam will consists of MCQs from the above four sections. For 2021, XAT Mock Test will be released by XLRI in the 3rd week of december2020.
Important notes to remember:
- The mock test will have 2 parts with 3 sections in part 1 and GK in part 2
- They can go on the second part only after the completion of the first part
- There will be 25 to 30 question in mock paper
- Part one will have a duration of 165 minutes
- There will be negative marks of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer and 0.10 marks for 8 unattempted question
XAT 2020 Registration Date is from 23rd August to 10th December 2019.
Why mock test is important?
- First the test follows real exam pattern and thus help to condition candidates for stress free performance during the actual exam
- It also help to improve time management skills
- To do well in the exam, it is very important to improve accuracy and identify the right type of questions to attempt.
- By practising mocks, candidates will have practice to crack the decision making section in the main exam
The preparation material for the exam includes study material, coaching, online sources, mock tests, etc. some of the XAT Preparation Books are:
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Arun Sharma
- 'Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT’ by Nishit K Sinha
- ‘Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT’by Nishit K Sinha
- Editorial and short articles published in English news papers
- ‘Word Power Made Easy’ by Norman Lewis
- ‘High School English Grammar & Composition’ by Wren & Martin
- Regularly solve the Verbal Ability questions from your XAT study material especially on Para summary, Jumbled Paragraphs