Bapuji Dental College Davanagere Admission
Bapuji Dental College and Hospital is a private dental college in Davangere, Karnataka, India. The college was established in 1979. It is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Karnataka (RGUHS). The college offers Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctoral degree programs in Dental Sciences, leading to the BDS, MDS, and Ph.D. degrees.
Every year, Bapuji Dental College admissions are held for students based on the cut off set by the college.
Bapuji Dental College Admissions 2023
- Application process conducted by the college is offline mode
- The selection of students to the BDS program is based in the rank secured in NEET UG conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Admission to the MDS program will be through NEET MDS exam conducted by National Board of Examination (NBE).
- Candidates should have passed the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English obtaining a minimum of not less than 50% marks in each subject taken together in the qualifying Examination. With respect to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Category I, the qualifying minimum marks prescribed should not be less than 40% of the total marks compared to 50% marks for general candidates.
- The candidate should have completed the age of 17 at the time of admission or would complete 17 years of age by 31st December of the application year.
- Students who have studied in boards other than pre-university board of Karnataka have to produce Eligibility Certificate issued by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka at the time of BDS admission.
- BDS course duration : 4 Years + 1 Year Compulsory Internship
Bapuji Dental College Fee StructureBapuji Dental College fee structure is reasonable in relation to the quality of education provided. Dental students who graduate from the institute are held to high industry standards. Students' hands-on experience at the dental college is renowned in the industry. Students are mentored by one of the most skilled and experienced dental faculty members.
- Any candidate for admission to the MDS program should have a recognized BDS degree from a recognized Indian University or Dental College under section 10(2) of the Dentists Act of 1948 or any equivalent qualification that is recognized by the Dental Council of India. It should have obtained permanent registration with the State Dental Council.
- Candidates who do not possess a recognized Dental qualification should secure the prior approval of his/her qualifications by the Dental Council of India before he/she can be admitted to the MDS Course of any University in India.
- Students who have finished their course under any university other than Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka need to produce Eligibility Certificate issued by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Karnataka at the time of his/her MDS admission.
- Candidates should have completed 1 year of compulsory rotating internship after completing the final professional examination before the 30th of April in the Academic year.
- Course duration: 3 Years
Admission For Ph.D Courses
Bapuji Dental College and Hospital has been recognized as a centre for Ph.D. programs with research in Oral Medicine & Radiology, Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics, Paedodontics & Preventive Dentistry and Periodontology.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- Candidates with MDS degree awarded by the RGUHS University or by any recognized University/College by DCI (Dental Council of India) or a PG Dental degree considered an equivalent by RGUHS are eligible for enrolling for a Ph.D. course in Dentistry.
- RGUHS University has allowed BDS Graduates to be admitted to the Ph.D. programs. The duration of these Ph.D. Programs will be five years on a full time basis only.
- The interdisciplinary Ph.D. registrations of Dental faculties allow the college to improve the research activities given the condition that a co-guide from the parent department and a guide from the interdisciplinary faculties are present.
- Any candidate with Medical M.Sc. degrees working at Dental Colleges can be considered eligible to register for the Ph.D. degree at RGUHS under the Dental faculty falling under allied science groups. Degree will be awarded with a different nomenclature like “Ph.D. in Allied health Sciences (The non Medical subject is to be specified)”.
The course intake for each course is depicted below:
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
|Oral Medicine & Radiology (MDS)
|Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry (MDS)
|Public Health Dentistry (MDS)
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology (MDS)
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics (MDS)
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics (MDS)
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (MDS)
|Prosthodontics, Crown & Bridge (MDS)
For detailed information about Bapuji Dental College and Hospital contact +91 9743277777.