Admission in B.Sc LLB Colleges Delhi
B.Sc LLB Admission in Delhi aims to impart the blended knowledge of Science and Law among the youngsters who possess a scientific temperament in addition to a desire of pursuing legal education. B. Sc LLB Course is an undergraduate program that extends to a minimum duration of 5 years. It is more effective than pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Science for 3 years and then rejoining a legal course. The admission to this course is mostly based on merit. However, there are certain reservations under various categories.
Students who aspire to pursue their 5 years integrated Bachelor’s degree in science and Legislative Law should satisfy the following criteria:
- The candidate must have passed 10 + 2 / 12th Standard / 2 PUC or any other equivalent examination from a recognized college / university / board.
- The student must have secured at least 40% of the total marks in the above mentioned qualifying examination. (The percentage of eligibility may slightly vary from one college to the other and also there may be special relaxation based on several parameters)
- The applicant must clear the screening test conducted by the college or the university to which the college is affiliated to.
There are several national and state level entrance tests that are conducted for the students who aspire to pursue B. Sc LLB Delhi Courses. Several private legal education firms also conduct various entrance exams to cream line the eligible candidates for this course.
- AILET (All India Law Entrance Test)
- CLAT (Common Law Admission Test)
- Christ University Law Entrance Exam
- SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test)
- LSAT – India (Law School Admission Test India)
- MH CET Law (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test Law)
The admission to this course in most of the colleges of Delhi is purely based on merit and performance of the applicants in the previous qualifying examination and the entrance or screening tests conducted by the colleges. The selection of candidates for this course is done through a sequence of procedures that include:
- Receiving the applications from the aspirants.
- Screening the candidates based on their score in the previous qualifying examination.
- Conducting an entrance exam for the screened candidates.
- The candidates who qualify in the entrance examination conducted by the college are further processed through a group discussion followed by personal interview. However, test scores are not mandatory in few universities of Delhi.
- The candidates are assessed for their presence of mind, extrovert nature, and communication and presentation skills in their personal interview.
- Documents submitted by the selected candidates are verified and admission is confirmed by the payment of fees.
Admission to the B. Sc LLB undergraduate course program can be ensured through any one of the following modes:
- Merit: Candidates having top rated scores in their 10 + 2 level examinations and the entrance tests conducted by the B.Sc LLB Colleges in Delhi.
- Direct Admission: Some universities and private colleges in Delhi offer direct admission to the candidates based on their merit in 10 + 2 or equivalent examination. Each college has a certain number of seats reserved as management category seats.
- Lateral Entry: Some of the reputed colleges in Delhi such as Sharada University and School of KIIT University provide an opportunity for the students to join the second year of the course program. However, the students who aspire to benefit from this opportunity should have cleared their first year of the UG program with the same syllabus.
- Distance Learning: For the students who aspire to pursue their Bachelor’s degree with a fine blend of Science and Legislative Law in spite of their busy schedule and compact working hours, several colleges in Delhi offer a distance learning program.
For more information on B.Sc LLB Admission in Delhi, visit IESOnline.