BAMS is one of the oldest systems of medicine and traces its roots to Vedic times. It is based on the curative properties of herbs and its medicines are known for the natural elements that they contain. Applicants who want to get BAMS admission in Karnataka and have appeared for NEET are eligible to take part in this State Level Counseling.
Considered as an elective strategy for treatment, the Ayurveda medication framework fixes and forestalls an affliction as well as decreases the recurrence with which illnesses enter a human body. It uses oneself to recuperate the arrangement of the body.
As of now, this elective technique for mending is being acknowledged by individuals around the world. Indeed, even the World Health Organization has given an overall gathering of advancing conventional medication frameworks, for example, Ayurveda. Along these lines, Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS) as a course has opened up many promising open doors for understudies.
BAMS Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates should pass 10+2 or any the equivalent examination from any recognized board.
- They should score at least 50% marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with English as one of the subjects.
- The candidate should pass PCB individually also.
- Preference will be given to candidates who know Sanskrit
- They should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st day of December of the year of admission.
- Score/ rank obtained in NEET Entrance exams.
BAMS Selection Process:
- Selection will be based on merit. For academic qualification, candidates need to score 50% marks taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying examination (12th).
- For Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks required is 40%.
- For entrance exam, candidates must score an aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- For SC, ST students the minimum eligibility required is 40%.
BAMS Admission in Bangalore Highlights|
||10+2 pass +Entrance exam score
||Physics, Chemistry & Biology + Sanskrit
|Minimum Marks (percentage)
What is the Admission Process for BAMS?
- Candidates who are interested in this subject and want to take admission should register in advance.
- They can apply through the official website of the respective colleges.
- They should qualify in NEET for KCET (for Karnataka) for counseling.
- This is followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Some colleges accept BAMS Direct Admission, and those colleges do not require entrance exams.
- For the rest of the college’s candidates can apply by filling the application form with all important details and make sure all information is correct.
- After filling the form they will have to submit it. And for future reference, they should get a hard copy of the form.
Documents Required for Counseling 2020:
- Date of birth certificate
- NEET 2020 Admit card Marks sheet and Passing Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- At least 5 Recently captured Colored Passport Size Photo
- Category certificate (if any)
- Matriculation (10th) certificate
- 12th or equivalent exam certificates
- Rank card
- Domicile certificate
Not all colleges in Bangalore require BAMS Entrance Exam. According to CCIM (Central Council of Indian Medicine), any private BAMS college can avail 15% of total allotted seats for direct admission purposes.
After completion of the bachelors’ course, students can go for Diploma, which is a 2-year course or study masters.
Admission Procedure for Outstation/ Foreign Students:
- For foreign students a clearance certificate is needed to be obtained from the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India, New Delhi.
- They need to acquire a no-objection certificate from RGUHS, Bangalore, in case of candidates having other qualification not mentioned in the prospectus as the equivalent of Bangalore State P.U.C Examination.
- They need to produce a regular student Visa/ Long Term Visa issued by the office of the DG, Bangalore and a copy of medical screening.
Students will study metaphysical Aspects of Ayurveda, Modern Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Chemistry & Pharmacy, Ayurvedic Pharmacology, Pathology and Diagnostic Procedure, etc after their admission to BAMS Course in Bangalore.