Maratha Mandal Dental College Admission Procedure
Maratha Mandal Dental College Admission procedure follows the rules and regulations laid by Dental Council of India (DCI). Apart from the general eligibility criteria for undergraduate and postgraduate courses, the candidate should have a valid NEET (NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST) scorecard. The admission office of the college is solely responsible for all the admission related processes. Systematic and well-defined admission procedure ensures that there is no ambiguity. Parent, guardian and candidates have always welcomed for their admission related queries.
Here is a step-by-step guideline for applying for admission in the UG or PG courses.
- Invitation of applications for admission in all dental courses offered at the college.
- Screening of all applications received for various courses
- Acceptance and rejections of the applications, after screening as per the eligibility criteria.
- Communicating to shortlisted candidates for the next round of admission process.
- Group discussion, counseling and personal interview of each candidate is a must.
- Declaration of successful candidates for admission in all dental courses of the college.
BDS Eligibility Criteria:
- All candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the admission year.
- Candidate must have a NEET-UG dental score.
- Candidates must have completed 12 years of education, i.e. 10+2 level.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at 10+2 level.
- Candidates with any other elective subject in Biology stream are also eligible.
- Candidate must have studied English as a core subject at 10+2 level.
- Minimum marks should be at least 50% together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or elective subjects in Biology stream).
- Candidates must have passed English subject at 10+2 level.
- Candidates under reserved categories should have a scored minimum 40% marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or elective subject in Biology stream).
- Candidates from states other than Karnataka must provide eligibility certificates for BDS course from the Registrar, the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Migration to any other college is only considered under exceptional cases.
- Migration is only permitted after approval from the Dental Council of India.
MDS Eligibility criteria:
- Candidate must have passed a BDS degree with a year of internship from a university or institute recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- Candidate appeared for the qualifying degree is also eligible to apply for the MDS course.
- Candidate must have a NEET PG dental score
- A candidate who has a PG level diploma in dental sciences is also eligible to apply. The minimum duration of the diploma must be at least 2 years.
- Candidates must get Dental Council of India qualifications approval before the admission in MDS course.
- Candidates must get eligibility certificate from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
For foreign candidates, he/she should be registered as a dental practitioner in his/her country. The corresponding authority in his/her country should recognize the qualifying degree.
An important thing to note is that the eligibility and course details may change under instructions from the regulatory bodies.
Maratha Mandal Dental College Cut Off is determined each year based on the NEET score. All candidates are expected to at least score the minimum-qualifying percentile as declared. Selection of candidates for B.D.S course is by the guidelines of Dental Council of India. Admission is monitored by the centralized counseling system governed by the Government of Karnataka. Karnataka Examination Authority has the right to allot seats under all categories.
Maratha Mandal Dental College Courses are offered at undergraduate, postgraduate and research level. A proficiency course can also be pursued along with the regular degree course. There are seven MDS, 1 BDS, 1 PhD and a proficiency course being offered at the college.
For detail information regarding Maratha Mandal Dental College Admission contact IESonline.