NITTE University was built in the year 2008 and on the very same year the Ministry of Human Resource Development recognized it as a Deemed to be University and the following year in 2009 it was recognized by the UGC. This educational institute was born under the leadership and guidance of justice K.S. Hegde. This university is situated in Mangalore, about 350 kilometers from Bangalore city.
The Constituent Colleges
Under the NITTE University there are five constituent colleges namely,
• Nitte Usha Institute of Nursing Sciences
• Nitte Institute of Physiotherapy
• NGSM Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
• K S Hegde Medical Academy
• A B Shetty Memorial Institute of Dental Sciences
The different facilities offered by the NITTE University Mangalore include,
• Auditorium- there are 4 auditoriums that can accommodate about 110 people
• Museum- there are 4 museums here- Oral Pathology, Dental Pathology, Anatomy and Histology
• Seminar Hall- each PG department has various seminar rooms equipped with good audio-visual facilities. The intake capacity is about 250 persons
• Library- every department has a library and there are separate rooms for reading for girls, boys and faculties.
• Hostel- here there are 6 hostels separately for girls and boys with different options- non Ac and AC rooms and single, double or triple seater. The different facilities offered in these hostels include generators, water coolers, visitors lounge, library/reading room, TV room, common telephone, water facility that is solar heated. They also offer facilities, both for outdoor and indoor games
• Other facilities- the other facilities include counseling, Medicare scheme, internet facilities, guest house, gym, bank and post office.
The different festivals- in this university two festivals are celebrated every year- Nitte Utsav and ETTIN
Scholarship- This university has begun a scholarship scheme, especially for meritorious students seeking admission for UG courses in Journalism and Mass Communication, Bio Medical Science, Nursing, Pharmacy and Physiotherapy. Under this scheme they will be benefited with a good fee concession
Disclaimer: The information provided here is best to our knowledge. We do not guarantee the aptness of information. We would recommend to verify the information from Institute’s website as there could be changes from time to time. The above information is for information of students community in large and does not mean that we provide management quota admission in Nitte University. There is no process for direct admission in Nitte University. Except Foreign / Nri Quota admission in Nitte University all other admissions in Nitte University takes place through Nitte University selection process only.