Admission in RV Dental College
RV Dental College Admissions are one of the preferred destinations for dental aspirants in India. Under one roof students are facilitated with almost all streams of dental education. They get plenty of opportunities to hone their skills as dental care professionals.'Academic excellence with practical exposure' is the forte of RVDC.
The college as part of one of India’s leading academic and research colleges, dedicated to dental studies, the mission of the college is to shape the future of the dental profession. And in this great enterprise, the students are the main participators. That is why, the college seeks talented, highly inspired applicants for all of their academic programmes- 5-year BDS programme, MDS, Certificate Course, and Doctoral programme.
The admission department is the responsible authority for all the admission related activities in the college. They take the final selection decision of the candidates. RV Dental College Bangalore Fee Structure details are disclosed by them to the concerned students.
Entrance exams for BDS are conducted during May-June of the academic year while the entrance test for MDS is conducted in February.
College Administration has divided the admission process into two segments; the eligibility criteria, followed by the selection process. Both vary course-wise.The college applies a holistic admission process to consider many factors besides grade and scores.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Dental Programs
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Admissions:
- Candidates should qualify 2 years of Pre-University Examination from the recognized board of Karnataka with English as one of the languages and Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects; OR
- Candidates should complete any other examination, recognized as 2 Year Pre-University Examination by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences/ AIU, conducted by any boards/councils/intermediate education established by State Governments/ Central Government with English as one of the languages and Physics Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects [Individually Passed all subjects]; OR
- Applicants must qualify an intermediate examination in Science from any recognized body with English as one of the languages and Physics Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects including the practical tests; OR
- Applicants must pass pre-professional/ pre-medical examination with Physics Chemistry and Biology after completing either of the H.S examinations
- Applicants should secure a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in pre-university examination all together;
- For SC/ ST / OBC candidates qualifying marks will be 40%
- Must have completed 17 years or at the age 17 on 31st December of the year of admission
- NEET-UG (National Eligibility Entrance Test);
Criteria for the other Dental Programs:
- Postgraduate Programs (Master of Dental Surgery)
- Candidates must have a BDS degree recognized by the Dental Council of India along with a permanent registration with the State Dental Council;
- Absence of a recognized dental qualification must be fulfilled by the prior approval of the candidate's qualification by the Dental Council of India before the admission to MDS courses;
- Must have qualified NEET-PG (National Eligibility Entrance Test Post Graduation);
- Must have a BDS degree awarded by an Indian University, recognized by the Dental Council of India
Postgraduate Diploma Programs:
- Must have a BDS degree recognized by the Dental Council of India;
- Must have completed 1-year compulsory rotating internship
Doctoral Programs (Ph.D.):
- Must have a postgraduate qualification with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC -7-point scale or equivalent;
- SC/ST /OBC candidates get 5% relaxation in aggregate percentage;
- Must secure 50% marks in the entrance test
Short-listed candidates shall take part in the selection process arranged by the authority.
For further details on RV Dental College Admission visit IESOnline.