Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College Admission
Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College is one of the most sought after colleges in India for pursuing a degree in dentistry. The college was founded by the Vokkaligara Sangha in order to serve the weaker section of the society to pursue dental education. During the commencement of this institution, there were only 52 students and now the college has 100 seats for BDS alone. It has a strong network of over 1320 alumni who are successfully working as dental surgeons and experts in various fields. The institution strongly believes in commitment and values ethical practices that are imbibed in the students pursuing education here. The students are expected to abide by the rules of the institution once they take the admission.
Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College Bangalore Admission is subjected to fulfilling eligibility criteria and then comes the selection process. Every course offered by the college has different eligibility criteria and requirements as explained below.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examinations from a council of Karnataka or other recognized state boards having Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as optional subjects and should have passed all of them
- Candidates should have passed the pre-medical / pre-professional examinations with English as a subject along with practical tests in physics, chemistry and biology after passing the higher secondary examinations.
- Candidates should have passed the intermediate examinations from an Indian university/board/council/recognized body with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects including practical exams.
- Candidates who have passed the 1st year and 3rd year of the science degree course from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (practical test) and English.
- Candidates with B.Sc in at least two of the subjects: Physics, Chemistry. Biology (Botany and Zoology) and English as one of the languages, from a recognized Indian University.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% for General candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying examinations conducted by the university
- A valid score in the competitive examinations
- The Candidate must be 17 years old or will complete this age on 31st December of the current year during the time of admission.
- In case of admission to BDS based on qualifying examination, the candidate’s score shall be taken into account which has to be 50% in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with passing marks in English as a language subject. The score for SC/ST/OBC candidates for the same is 40% in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with passing marks in English as a language subject.
- In case of admission on the basis of competitive examinations, the candidate’s name must be included in the merit list and should have scored above 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with the same score in the qualifying examination too. This criterion is lowered to 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the SC/ST/OBC candidates
Regarding information related to Vokkaligara Sangha Dental College Bangalore Fee Structure for all the courses offered, refer the fees section.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- The candidate must possess a valid BDS degree obtained from an institution or university recognized by the Dental Council of India.
- The candidate must possess an equivalent qualification recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka along with the Dental Council of India.
- In case the candidates do not possess a recognized qualification, he/she should seek prior approval from the Dental Council of India before admission to MDS course.
The selection of candidates for MDS is based on their performance in the competitive examinations conducted by the central or state government or universities or colleges.