Every year the Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences receives hundreds of applications from the student community. The application form for admission is available online and from there the students can access the form. Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences Admission procedure consists of the eligibility criteria and the selection process.
Every year the colleges open its admission for the UG and PG degree in BDS and MDS respectively. The admission department handles all the admission related activities following college’s rules and regulations. The selection process is quite transparent and follows strict college rules and regulations.
Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences Admission Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for the courses have been determined as the standards of the affiliated university.
- Candidates must have passed the 2-years Pre-University Examination or equivalent from a recognized board or council with English and Physics Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects, individually. OR,
- Candidates must have completed Intermediate examination in Science of an Indian University/Board/Council or other recognized examining bodies with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (including practical tests), and English as a compulsory language. The candidate must have passed all subjects individually. OR,
- Candidates should have passed the pre-professional/ pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects, after passing the higher secondary school examination. The pre-professional/ pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. They must study English as one of the languages. OR,
- Candidates should have completed B.Sc. from an Indian University, with not less than two of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology), with subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology passed individually in the qualifying examinations (pre-university examinations).
Apart from all these, candidates need to obtain a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ ST / OBC candidates) in the qualifying examination. Candidates who are looking for dental UG and PG enrollment must go through the Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences Fee Structure. Candidates must have attained 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the admission date.
BIDS Eligibility Criteria for MDS Courses
- Candidates must have completed a BDS degree from a recognized dental college and should have obtained permanent registration with the State Dental Council. Candidates who do not have a recognized dental qualification should take prior approval from the Dental Council of India before applying in MDS programs.
- Candidates must have secured the required score in the competitive examinations.
Eligibility criteria for Postdoctoral Fellowship & Certificate Program:
- Candidates must have completed MDS in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery from any institution recognized by the Dental Council of India.
The final selection of the candidates is based on the merit basis. The admissions under various disciplines are are as per university guidelines.
For detailed information about Bangalore Institute of dental Science Contact +91-9743277777