Admission Process in Engineering Colleges
Engineering College Admission enables students to apply and enhance their scientific and practical knowledge to explore, maintain, develop, construct and design several novel systems, devices, machines and processes. The admission process of most of the engineering colleges in Bangalore is administered by an exclusive admission council set up by the college. However, admission norms are formulated as per the guidelines of AICTE and the State Government. Students can get admission to any Engineering college in Bangalore for any discipline of their choice to pursue top rated technical education.
Eligibility criteria for engineering
The eligibility norms vary for different courses offered by engineering colleges of Bangalore. Students seeking to pursue technical education through Engineering Courses in any of the engineering colleges of Bangalore should satisfy the eligibility criteria set by AICTE.
1. Eligibility criteria for undergraduate courses:
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)/ Bachelor of Technology (B-Tech)
- The applicants must have passed their 10+2/ 12th Standard/ 2nd PUC or any other equivalent examination from any recognized University or Board.
- The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subjects in their 2nd PUC examination.
- They must have an aggregate score of not less than 60% in the above mentioned subjects taken together.
- The candidates who have passed a 3 years diploma course granted by Board of Technical Education with a minimum of 45% score can apply for 2nd year of Undergraduate Program through lateral entry admission.
2. Eligibility norms for Post graduate courses:
Master of Engineering (M. E) and Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- The candidates must have completed their Bachelor degree in technical education from any recognized university or board.
3. Minimum requirements for Doctoral Programs:
- Aspirants must have passed their Master's degree from recognized university.
||3rd week of June 2023
||2nd week of May 2022
||6th to 12th April 2023 (First Round)
Engineering Admission Process:
- Admission to Engineering colleges of Bangalore is done as per the Government of Karnataka norms and the admission matrix is announced by them.
- Out of the total seats 45% of the seats are filled by the Common Entrances test (CET) conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), 30% of seats are filled through COMEDK (Common Entrances test conducted by Private Management Association) and 25% of seats are filled through Management Quota.
- Please note that only students who are domiciled in Karnataka & have studied in Karnataka for seven years or more can give CET whereas both Karnataka and Non Karnataka Students can appear for Comed-k Entrance Exam.
- Admission to Bangalore’s Top Engineering Colleges through AIEEE Counseling is not available.
- Admission to Bangalore’s Engineering Colleges is also subject to meeting the minimum eligibility criteria of 45% in PCM for the general category & 40% in PCM for the SC/ST Category.