NEET 2022 Exam
NEET exam time has changed. The duration of the test will be 3 hours and 20 minutes. Candidates’ eligibility for NEET is provisional and only when they fulfil the eligibility criteria as prescribed by MoH&FW/MCI/NMC/DCI/NTA/MCC/ MoA/AAACC/CCIM/BoGCCH /other admitting Institutions as applicable.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2022
- To attain neet exam eligibility, the candidate should have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Courses
- Indian citizen/ Overseas Citizen intending to pursue UG medical course from foreign medical/dental institute also are required to qualify NEET
- Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental/Ayurveda/Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy Colleges and are subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions and the Government of India as the case may be.
- Foreign nationals should confirm their eligibility from the concerned Medical/Dental/ Ayurveda/ Siddha/Unani/Homeopathy College/State.
- The Upper Age Limit for NEET 2022 is 25 years and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD Candidates.
NEET Qualification Criteria
- Candidates who will be appearing for their 12th examination in 2022 are eligible for NEET, however, if they don’t qualify with the required percentage in the qualifying examination, they will not be eligible for admission to UG Medical Courses
- Candidates who are appearing or appeared the qualifying exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subject with the required percentage are eligible to apply in NEET
- Candidates who have passed from Open School or private candidates are not eligible to appear for NEET
NEET 2022 Admit card Release date
NEET admit card will be announced soon. Admit cards will be issued online under the candidates’ login on the website mentioned above and to download it they need their respective application number and password.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 with Biology as an additional subject are also eligible
- The Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology and also English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates who have qualified B.Sc with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/ Biotechnology and further that he/ she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- For Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes (NCL) s, the minimum marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 40% marks
- In respect of PWD candidates, minimum marks in the qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany & Zoology)/ Biotechnology taken together shall be 45%.
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
- Each question will carry 4 marks
- For each correct answer, they will get the full marks
- And for each incorrect answer, there will be a negative marking of 1
- The question pattern will be Multiple choice question in subjects mentioned below
- Each subject is divided into 2 sections, each with 35 and 15 questions
- NEET will have 200 multiple-choice objective-type questions under the new exam pattern
- NEET 2022 will have a total score of 720
- Candidates will have to answer 10 out of 15 questions in the second section.
Number of Questions||
|Physics Section A
|Physics Section B
|Chemistry Section A
|Chemistry Section B
|Botany Section A
|Botany Section B
|Zoology Section A
|Zoology Section B
Candidates can choose from 11 languages for their question paper while filling the application form
The exam will start exactly at the time mentioned on the admit card. For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date, the re-test shall not be considered. For this year's entrance exam students must look at the NEET 2022 syllabus as prescribed by MCI.
NEET 2020 Cut off Percentile for MBBS/BDS
NEET Cut off percentile||
NEET 2020cutoff scores|
|UR/ EWS & PwD
|OBC & PwD
|SC & PwD
|OBC & PwD
NEET Mock Test
Students can take up NEET mock test from the official website https://www.nta.ac.in/quiz. Solving NEET mock test is a valuable last-minute preparation tool.
Before logging in with the username and password, do read the instructions and information in detail.
For further details on NEET Exam 2022 visit www.ntaneet.nic.in and contact IESOnline.