Sapthagiri College of Engineering Admission

Go to Home Page
Ask the Experts

Sapthagiri College of Engineering Bangalore Admission

Students can find the most ideal destination to pursue a career in the field of engineering through Sapthagiri College of Engineering Admission. The college has been receiving hundreds and thousands of applications each year from Karnataka and across country. This college provides world of prospects with the best infrastructural facilities at its campus. Admission to various programs are conducted as per the guidelines of affiliating university i.e., Visvesvaraya Technological University.

This college has exclusively designated one admissions department to manage the responsibilities related to short- listing of students, intake of students, promotional events and many others. This department is managed and headed by one admission officer along with a team of professional staffs. The admission process is quite smooth and transparent and follows the protocols laid down by the affiliating university. Students can apply for undergrad and postgrad programs in engineering under several specializations offered by the college.

Admission Process for B.E:

Admissions to the undergrad courses in engineering is carried out as per the norms of AICTE and Govt. of Karnataka. The duration for Bachelor of Engineering courses is 4 years which includes one internship of 6 months. Students can apply under any of the seven specializations offered by Sapthagiri College of Engineering.

Eligibility Criteria for B.E:

  • Those candidates who have qualified their 2nd PUC/ Higher Secondary/ 10+2 or other equivalent exams with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Mathematics along with chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Biology/ Electronics/ Computer from any recognized state or central board are eligible to apply.
  • English is must as one of the language in addition to PCM and optional subjects.
  • Candidates belonging to SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category are required with a minimum of 40% marks in their board exams.
  • Candidates are required with a valid rank/ score either in COMEDK-UGET or CET entrance exams.

Intake Capacity:

  • Electronics & Communication Engg: 120
  • Computer Science & Engg: 120
  • Information Science & Engg: 120
  • Electrical & Electronics Engg: 120
  • Mechanical Engg: 120
  • Civil Engg: 60
  • Bio-Technology: 60
  • CET Quota (CET College Code: E108) - For the CET quota, entrance exam is organized by Karnataka Examination Authority for Karnataka Domicile candidates.
  • COMEDK Quota (COMEDK College Code: E116) - Entrance exam is conducted by Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association Authority for both Karnataka and Non-Karnataka candidates.
  • Management Quota - SCE allows both Karnataka and Non-Karnataka students for admission under this quota besides fulfilling the minimum norms required for admission. Seats are allotted based on counseling.

Admission Process for M-Tech:

Admissions to postgrad engineering programs are also done as per the norms of KEA and Govt. of Karnataka. Master of Technology is a 2 year duration course and is offered under 2 specializations at SCE.

Eligibility criteria for M-Tech:

  • Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in BE/ B-Tech (45% in case of SC/ ST) from any recognized university/ college of state or centre.
  • Candidates are required to produce a valid rank or score card either in PGCET or GATE.
  • 80% seats are filled through KEA and the rest 20% through management quota.

Intake Capacity:

  • M-tech in VLSI Design & Embedded Systems (ECE): 24
  • M-Tech in Computer Science Engg (CSE): 24

The selection procedure for both undergrad and postgrad candidates are done on merit basis and is completely transparent.

The requirements vary depending on the program, but generally include a 10+2 or equivalent qualification for undergraduate programs, and a bachelor's degree for postgraduate programs. Some programs may also require a valid entrance exam score, such as the GATE.

May I Help You

Looks good!
Please enter a valid name.
Looks good!
Please enter a valid Email.
Looks good!
Please enter a valid number.
Looks good!
Please provide course.