CMAT Preparation Guide
Section wise CMAT Preparation Tips:
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation:
- This section will test the mathematical skills in various areas such as arithmetic, algebra and geometry
- This section needs lot of practicing. It will also help increase their speed and accuracy
- If got stuck while solving the problem just skip and move on to next question
- The objective of this section is to test the candidate's logical way of thinking.
- This section covers statement and argument, blood relation, statement and conclusion, coding and decoding, statement and assumptions, etc. this will have to practise a lot to increase speed during the exam
- For this section, CMAT Syllabus 2022 includes trending topics, etc.
- Students need to understand the recent government schemes in the areas of the economy, environmental issues, news related to finance, sports, etc
- They need to focus on latest news, trending topics because most questions will come from there.
- Read regularly newspaper or watch news and videos relating to the topics.
- This section covers various types of questions such as para jumbles, reading comprehension, sentence completion, idioms and phrases, etc.
- So students have to study different articles, novels, books of their own interest and choice.
Aspirants must prepare atleast 6 months before the exam. The exam paper can be divided into 3 parts:
- concept driven
- practice intensive and
- environment sensitive
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation and select areas of Language Comprehension are concept driven. hence it is advised to brush up the key fundamentals in these areas. Logical Reasoning is a purely practice intensive section. General Awareness is environment sensitive.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- This new section will have topics on innovation and entrepreneurship like innovation strategy, investments & funds, financial institutions, etc.
- read about entrepreneurs or innovators and what have they developed
- know the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and how to start start-ups.
CMAT Study Material for Language Comprehension:
- 'Word Power Made Easy' by Norman Lewis
- 'High School English Grammar & Composition’ – by Wren & Martin
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT' by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
- 'The Students Companion' by Wilfred D Best
For Quantitative Techniques:
- 'How to prepare for Quantitative for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma, published by MGH Education
- ‘Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT’ – by Nishit K.Sinha, Published by Pearson‘The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams
- NCERT Mathematics Books for class 8th, 9th and 10th by NCERT
- ‘Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT’ - by Nishit K Sinha (Published by Pearson)
- ‘How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT’ - by Arun Sharma (Published by McGraw Hill)
For General Awareness:
- Read GK exam material (National and International GK)
- Newspapers -
- Economic Times
- The Financial Times
- The Hindu
- Financial Express
- Business Today
- Business World
- Wall Street Journal
What Is CMAT Exam?
It is a computer based three hours online exam for admissions in into management programmes. The exam which was previously conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year under the guidelines of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
It is now conducted by NTA.
CMAT exam Eligibility:
- Must be a citizen of India
- There is no age restriction for appearing in CMAT-2022
- Final year graduation students can apply for CMAT online exam.
- Graduates from any discipline can apply for CMAT exam
- There is no minimum aggregate cut off to apply