Stages of Counselling: XAT Counselling procedure has various stages. The detailed description of these stages are given below
- First students will have to register online and apply for the counselling process. Without registration they cannot participate in the selection round.
- Students need to pay the registering fee (fee will vary according to the colleges/universities)
- Second stage is to fill their choice and lock the same. It is to be noted that after the choice section is locked, the data cannot be altered
- Third is the seat allotment round. Students will get seats according to their rank, preference of the course and availability of the seats. Candidates with good ranks will have the first choice to select colleges according to their interest.
How to check XAT results?
- First go to the website of XAT
- Click on the score card icon
- enter the details-
- Application Number
- Security Pin
- Check the XAT result 2024 and take a printout for future reference
- The selection procedure is different for different institutes
- Generally the selection procedure is a 2 step process:
- Group Discussion- where those students are selected who have current topics knowledge with good communication skills
- Personal Interview/ Written Ability test- those who have qualified the GD round will be called for PI. Here some colleges organizes written ability test instead of PI.
XAT result date
- The publication of results for 2024 is on January 31, 2024.
- The cut-offs is released few days after result declaration.
- The counselling date will be updated soon.
- There is no centralised form of counselling for admissions by XLRI, the exam conducting body.
- For the counselling, candidates need to register on the official website of the college preferred by the candidate.
- The seat allotment will be carried out on the basis of the marks as well as the ranks being secured by the candidates on the merit list
- Candidates need to clear their cut-offs to participate in the counselling process.
XAT Full Form
XAT Full Form is Xavier Aptitude Test. It is the admission test for management programmes (MBA/PGDM) in XLRI Jamshedpur and other affiliated colleges like GIM, XIM, MICA, XIMB Bhubaneswar, etc.
Important documents required at the time of counselling:
- Mark sheet of 10th and 12th class
- Original letter of counselling and also the photocopy
- Mark sheet of all semesters of the degree course
- Admit card of the exam
- Identity certificate
- Candidate’s domicile
- Scorecard of the exam
- 5 passport size color photographs
- Caste certificates in the case of reserved category students
Candidates can make the payment of application fees for the entrance test through any one of the following modes.
- Credit card
- Net banking
- Debit card
XAT Exam Fees:
- Registration fee without late fee is Rs 2100
- For XLRI programmes candidates need to pay additional Rs 200 each
- Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT have to pay Rs. 2500
- NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT have to pay Rs. 5000